All posts by Keith Earle
2018 Save the Dates (Just a Few Highlights)
Jan. 21 Council Delegate Elections
Feb. 4 Annual Parish Meeting @9:30 AM
Feb. 14 Ash Wednesday @ 7:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 7:00 PM
March 3-4 MS Musical – Annie, Jr.
March 25 Palm Sunday
March 29 Maundy Thursday @ 7:00 PM
March 30 Good Friday @12:00 PM
March 31 Holy Saturday @ 9:30 AM
April 1 Easter Sunday
April 30 Chain of Love
May 20 Bishop’s Confirmation Visit, High School Graduate Recognition
July 9-13 Vacation Bible School
Sept-TBD Fall Parish Meeting
Oct. 28 Celebration Sunday– Ingathering
Please join us for our Annual Meeting in the Parish Hall at 9:30 AM on February 4th. Tacos, coffee and juice will be provided. We will celebrate the past year together as we look towards what the future brings!
We will be holding First Communion classes beginning January 21 during the 10:45 AM worship service! All baptized students in the 1st-5th grades are invited to attend this 5 week class series! The curriculum we will be using is modeled on the Eucharist format: We Gather (Lesson 1), We Hear and We Respond to the Word of God (Lesson 2), We Offer our Gifts (Lesson 3), We Celebrate (Lesson 4) and We are Sent Out (Lesson 5). Because children learn with all their senses, activities and instruction will be included that engage them throughout each lesson.
The classes will be led by Happy Wilson in Ms. Urbanowski’s room (Middle School building next door to the Sacred Studies room) during the 10:45 AM worship service on the following Sundays: Jan. 21, Jan. 28, Feb. 4, Feb. 18, Feb. 25. Fr. Ram will lead lesson 4, We Celebrate, on Feb. 18 after the 10:45 AM worship service. The First Communion service will take place on Sunday, May 20th.
The First Communion class schedule is as follows:
January 21: We Gather
January 28: We Hear and We Respond to the Word of God
February 4: We Offer our Gifts
February 18: (class will be held after 10:45 service): We Celebrate
February 25: We are Sent Out
May 20th: First Communion
You may register your child for the First Communion classes by contacting Happy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council Delegates and Alternates Needed
On Sunday, January 21, we will cast ballots to elect 3 delegates and 1 alternate to serve at the Annual Council of the Diocese of West Texas in San Marcos, Texas on February 22-24, 2018.
We will be electing 2 people of three year terms and one for a special one year term. We also need one alternate delegate.
Delegates and alternates to Council should be members in good standing of St. George (member of record who has submitted a financial pledge through a Promise Plan).
Delegates the first alternate will have their registration fee (which includes Friday luncheon and Friday evening council banquet) paid by the Church. All other expenses will be borne by delegates/alternates.
At St. George the Senior Warden is the head of the delegation. The Senior Warden for 2018 is Susan Alwais. Please contact her if you have any questions about serving at Diocesan Council – the family reunion of the Diocese of West Texas.
Come experience the beauty of the Texas Hill Country and the refreshing presence of God at Camp Capers the weekend of April 1-3.
It will be a time to be with your family, friends, and your family in Christ at a peaceful location. The new lodge will hold up to 80 people and has been reserved for us. Come and be a part of this great time to connect with others in the St. George community. All ages are welcome to attend this retreat where we will sing, pray, worship, play and learn. Our theme for the weekend will be “The Joy of the Lord is our strength.” Click here for more information on Camp Capers.
Schedule & Meals
- Arrive and Check-In Friday, April 1 after 6:00 PM.
- Dinner on your own as you drive to Camp Capers.
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner included in fees.
- Sunday breakfast included in fees.
- Sunday Eucharist at Camp Capers, then depart for lunch on your own as you drive home.
Pricing (Financial Assistance Available If Needed)
- Please make checks payable to “St. George Episcopal Church” and put “Parish Retreat” on the memo line.
- To pay with debit/credit card, please use the PayPal button coming soon. A 3% processing fee has been added for all card purchases.
- Family of One: $94.00 for whole weekend ($50 lodging & $44 meals)
- Family of Two: $138.00 for whole weekend ($50 lodging & $88 meals)
- Family of Three: $182.00 for whole weekend ($50 lodging & $132 meals)
- Family of Four: $226.00 for whole weekend ($50 lodging & $176 meals)
- For larger families, please include $44 for meals for each additional family member. If you require a second room, please add $50 for additional lodging.
- Saturday Only (No overnight): $50 which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- ***Children under two are free, please don’t count them in your pricing.
Use this form to register your family. There is a lot of interest and we will accept registrations on a first come, first served basis. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com and we will be glad to help you out.
Art pieces created by students at St. George Episcopal School were featured as part of the Episcopal School Art Show at the 112th Diocesan Council held in McAllen, Texas this past week. This gallery was viewed by hundreds of parishioners, clergy, and fellow students from around the Diocese of West Texas.