What is Cursillo?
- an opportunity to grow in faith and in spirituality
- a deeper understanding of the teachings of Jesus and how we can serve him
- an experience of living and sharing with others in a loving and caring Christian community and realizing that this can be extended into our own environment
- a continuing community that gives support and encouragement to help Christians carry out their Baptismal Vows
Cursillo includes a three-day weekend that begins on Thursday evening and concludes on Sunday. The weekend includes fifteen talks, five meditations and a Eucharist every day.
The Cursillo weekend is not a retreat, but an opportunity to meet clergy and laity seeking to strengthen our faith. It provides an environment to experience the reality of the gift of God’s love through shared prayer, individual meditation, worship, study, fellowship, laughter, tears, and unconditional love.
After the Weekend:
Each person returning from a weekend is encouraged to join in the activities of “the Fourth Day” Community. The purpose of this community is to give strength and support to each other as we grow in faith and develop our unique gifts of ministry.
What’s Expected of Participants:
- to be open and willing to respond to what you experience, to share your feelings with others and allow them to share theirs with you
- to make a genuine effort to discover where you are and where or how you can grow in your Christian life
- to feel secure in the knowledge that you are accepted where you are and as you are, and know that a specific response is not expected of you
- St. George Episcopal Church
- St. Matthew Meeting Room
- 6904 West Avenue
- San Antonio, Texas 78213